Lockrz for Windows
Of course. They are separate apps.
If you wish to use Lockrz for Android, you need a license for that.
If you wish to use Lockrz for Windows, you need a separate license for that.
You only need to purchase licenses for the apps you want to use.
Lockrz for Windows has a 14 day trial period so there is no need to buy it right away and even after the trial ends, it remains working in read only mode.
You only need to buy Lockrz for Windows it if you wish to continue editing data after the trial period.
The user manual contains almost everything you will need to know about Lockrz and how it works.
The user manual can be accessed from the “Help” menu within the app. The link was also sent to you in an email when you activated your trial of the app. It can also be accessed via this link.
90% of support tickets for Lockrz ask questions already answered in the manual.
Please read the manual before submitting a support ticket asking how to do something that is already fully documented.
A forgotten password is not recoverable. It would not be a secure app if it was.
If you remember your old password and have synced your data to Dropbox or Google Drive whilst using your old password, you can restore your database.
- Create a copy of the database you already have in Dropbox or Google drive just in case you remember your password and want to use it.
- Remove ALL copies of the database from Lockrz on all devices (Windows & Android). If you do not do this, your devices could eventually re-sync and you may revert to the old database.
- https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/recover-older-versions or https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2409045 to recover a previous version from the timeframe you remember the password.
- Import the recovered database into Lockrz.
- Log in using the previous password.
Please see the User Manual for information on how sync works.
Failure to sync is usually one of two things.
- You have the app set to Sync only when on WiFi and are not connected to WiFi
- Sync is working normally but you are syncing to an unexpected database.
Now of course, Number 1 is easily remedied, Just turn off the “Sync only on WiFi” option.
Number 2 happens if you have multiple databases and for example sync your phone to one database but sync your desktop to a different one. Each device is syncing normally but you will never see the changes from the other because they are connected to different databases.
This issue normally occurs because of a failure to follow the instructions in the manual. To sync between devices all devices MUST be connected to the SAME database. That means you need to IMPORT the data from Dropbox etc on each device. If you have multiple databases, choose the same one for each device or Sync will not work.
If you find that Sync does not work, follow these instructions to ensure everything is set up correctly.
- Ensure you have a good working copy of your data in your cloud provider (Dropbox or Google Drive)
- REMOVE all databases from ALL devices.
- On the first device, IMPORT the data from your cloud device. If you have more than one database, note which one you are importing especially with Google Drive which allows multiple files with the same name. If this is the case, try renaming your database to a unique name so that you are not confused by the multiple files.
- On the 2nd (3rd. 4th etc) device, IMPORT the SAME database from your cloud device.
- Once all devices are connected to the same database, syncing should proceed normally.
You can check what happens during a sync operation by viewing the Sync Log which is accessible from the “Sync Providers” screen. Just press the icon of the provider.
The sync log will tell you what is happening which may help you diagnose any sync issues. i.e most people just say “Sync doesn’t work” but that is such a broad term given the multiple steps that are necessary for a successful sync. Just because a 2nd device doesn’t receive changes from the first doesn’t mean that the first device didn’t upload them.
No. You are the only person who ever knew your password. If you cannot remember it, you need to uninstall\reinstall the app and start all over again.
Your data is NOT recoverable without the password.
You do not need to buy the app again. Your purchase is stored in your Google account. You can re-install apps you have purchased at any time.