Of course. They are separate apps.
If you wish to use Lockrz for Android, you need a license for that.
If you wish to use Lockrz for Windows, you need a separate license for that.
You only need to purchase licenses for the apps you want to use.
Lockrz for Windows has a 14 day trial period so there is no need to buy it right away and even after the trial ends, it remains working in read only mode.
You only need to buy Lockrz for Windows it if you wish to continue editing data after the trial period.
Lockrz only works with the standard Android 6 “Nexus Imprint” system.
If the icon disappears when you touch the sensor to log in, you may have changed your settings. i.e this happens if you add or remove a fingerprint to the system.
If it is happening every time and you have not made such changes, please completely clear your app data:
Now you can import your data again from Dropbox or Google Drive and try again.
Do not uninstall then reinstall the app instead of clearing the app data. This could cause Play Store to restore your previous data which is what we are actually trying to remove.
The user manual contains almost everything you will need to know about Lockrz and how it works.
The user manual can be accessed from the “Help” menu within the app. The link was also sent to you in an email when you activated your trial of the app. It can also be accessed via this link.
90% of support tickets for Lockrz ask questions already answered in the manual.
Please read the manual before submitting a support ticket asking how to do something that is already fully documented.
A forgotten password is not recoverable. It would not be a secure app if it was.
If you remember your old password and have synced your data to Dropbox or Google Drive whilst using your old password, you can restore your database.
- Create a copy of the database you already have in Dropbox or Google drive just in case you remember your password and want to use it.
- Remove ALL copies of the database from Lockrz on all devices (Windows & Android). If you do not do this, your devices could eventually re-sync and you may revert to the old database.
- https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/recover-older-versions or https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2409045 to recover a previous version from the timeframe you remember the password.
- Import the recovered database into Lockrz.
- Log in using the previous password.
If you are affected by the recent corruption issue, please restore your earlier un-corrupted backup from Dropbox.
First remove the corrupted wallets from all your devices ready to restore the good one. Make sure you do not leave one on a device or you may end up putting a corrupt database into circulation again.
- Go to the Dropbox web site and navigate to the “Apps>Lockrz By Kuffs” folder.
- Select the file you are having trouble with
- Choose “Version History”
- Look down the list of previous versions, Empty databases are 52Kb is size so look down the list until you see one bigger than this.
- Press the “Restore” button.
Here is the process as a visual aid: https://www.screencast.com/t/plXtf6wN
Your data file on Dropbox will now be restored to the selected version and you can import it into the app.
Make sure you remove all copies of your database from Google Drive and from your devices. You can then add your sync providers again so that “good” copies can be uploaded.
If your data is only stored in Google Drive, it is slightly more complicated because Drive does not show the size of previous versions and also only allows you to download them rather than restore them.
Go to the Google drive site and find your data file in the same way as above.
Right click the file and choose “Manage Versions”
Work your way down the list of files starting at the top and download each one until you find one that is bigger than 52kb.
It is then actually easier to copy the file to Dropbox and import it from there but if you really want to use Google Drive it requires some extra steps due to the security features.
Lockrz is only allowed to open files that it created itself. If you upload your previously downloaded working data file, it will not be seen by Lockrz because it was uploaded rather than created directly by Lockrz.
You can still open the file by using the extended selection method.
1. Press “Import” as normal
2. Choose Google Drive
3. LONG PRESS on the “Next” button to open the Google Drive file selector.
4. Pull to refresh if necessary as Google Drive may have not yet synced its file list with your device.
5. Use the UI to navigate to the file you wish to open and press “Select”
The file is now available for use in the normal way so you can now import it.